● Light: Advanced Manufacturing LAM is a new, highly selective, open-access, and free of charge international sister journal of the Nature Journal Light: Science & Applications. The journal is aimed to publish innovative research in all modern areas of preferred light-based manufacturing, including fundamental and applied research as well as industrial innovations.
● Light: Advanced Manufacturing is an online, diamond open access journal, both readers and authors are free of charge. The journal publishes peer-reviewed Articles, Letters, Review Articles and News & Views.
To read about how to prepare your article, please click Instructions for Authors.
Please note that we have no strict format requirements as long as the rules of instructions for authors are followed. Authors could choose to but not mandatory to use the Microsoft Word template or LaTeX template to prepare their manuscript. If any questions about preparing your manuscript, please contact the Editorial Office email@example.com.
● Microsoft Word: Manuscripts prepared in Microsoft Word must be converted into a single file before submission. When preparing manuscripts in Microsoft Word, the LAM Microsoft Word template file must be used. Please insert your graphics (schemes, figures, etc.) in the main text after the paragraph of its first citation.
● LaTeX: (1) For online users, we recommend Overleaf (formerly writeLaTeX ), which includes LAM LaTeX template files to easily prepare your paper in the format suitable for LAM. (2) For Windows users, we recommend the free LaTeX version MiKTeX. MiKTeX comes with a basic installer, which can be downloaded from the MikTeX project page. MikTeX can be used in combination with WinEdt, an easy-to-use LaTeX editor for Windows.
Abstracting and indexing
Extensive reference linking to MEDLINE, ISI, Chemport and others via services such as Crossref and DOI numbers provide seamless online linking between articles and databases.
The citations for Light: Advanced Manufacturing in the article body are adhered to sequential arrangement system. References are listed in the citation order of manuscript , which are consecutively coded in Arabic numerals.
The Endnote style of Light: Advanced Manufacturing can be downloaded here.
How to add “Light: Advanced Manufacturing.ens” into EndNote
1. To add Light: Advanced Manufacturing style into you EndNote style library.Please open "program files" (usually in C Disk) -> open "EndNote" folder -> open "Styles" folder ->leave "Light: Advanced Manufacturing.ens" in the folder.
2. To format inserted references using Light: Advanced Manufacturing style in Microsoft Word.Please open “Bibliography” -> select “Format Bibliography” -> at “with output”, using “browse” to find “Light: Advanced Manufacturing”, and click “OK” -> ready to format.
3. An example of LAM reference style:Shrekenhamer, D., Watts, C. M. & Padilla, W. J. Terahertz single pixel imaging with an optically controlled dynamic spatial light modulator. Opt. Express 21, 12507–12518 (2013).
Chan, W. L. et al. A spatial light modulator for terahertz beams. Appl. Phys. Lett. 94, 213511 (2009)
As a diamond open access journal, Light: Advanced Manufacturing content is freely available to all researchers worldwide ensuring maximum dissemination.All articles published by Light: Advanced Manufacturing are fully open access where they are immediately freely available to read, download and share.
Authors are also free of charge and permitted to post the final, published PDF or other versions of their article on a website, institutional repository , or other free public servers, immediately on publication.
Light: Advanced Manufacturing articles are published under a CC BY license (Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License). This license is preferred by many funding bodies and allows for maximum dissemination and re-use of open access materials. To view a copy of this license, visit http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/.
With Creative Commons licenses, the author retains copyright and the public is allowed to reuse the content. The author grants Light: Advanced Manufacturing an exclusive license to publish the article and to identify as the original publisher. If your paper is accepted, the author identified as the formal corresponding author will receive an email prompting them to complete the license agreement on behalf of all authors on the paper.